Sunday, July 17

Over Easy

We're here!  We are now Okies!  It's hot...I could probably cook an egg outside, but we love it.  We are almost done moving in.  I'm loving our new place.  Evelyn is too.  She has been crawling around more enthusiastically than she ever did before.  I think she is having fun exploring.  We took her to the pool yesterday, and she loved that.  We're having a good time.  I've been so grateful for all the help we received with this move and just  help in general.  Here is my huge thank you list.

Thank you Shelley Mills for the awesome hair cut
Thank you Cheryl Cline, Tammy Dawson, and Lisa Huber for your help with cleaning the apartment
Thank you Brother Rena, Jake Dawson, Eugene Mariner, and President McIntosh for your help with moving
Thank you Taci and Jake Zollinger for your help with the couches
Thank you Amy for helping me take care of Evelyn
Thank you Jeannine McDonnel for letting my sis and I stay at your place
Thank you Dianne, Jacob, and Michael Whatcott for waiting patiently to meet up with us and for the great breakfast
Thank you Dean and Margaret Taylor for ALL you do!  We love you and couldn't have made it to OK w/o your help.

I truly am blessed.  I really felt the love of the Lord these past few days.  I've thought a lot about Spencer W. Kimballs qoute, "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs. Therefore, it is vital that we serve each other."  But,  I have also felt his love in other ways.  We've been trying to down size and sell some things.  It was amazing some of the things that sold and the offers we got on them.   Every little thing worked out perfectly.   It wasn't just a coincidence.  I know that there is a God and that he loves us and cares for us.  I also know that our loved ones who have already finished their test are on the other side helping us out too.  I am grateful for this move and the things it has taught me.  I am so grateful for my WONDERFUL FRIENDS!  LOVE YOU ALL!

2 comments:

Julie A. said...

Glad you guys made it there safely. Enjoy the humidity (HA!). I don't know when we'll make it out to AR nest (probably not for at least another year). Maybe I (and baby girl!) will have to make a trip without Jon sooner than that.

Summer Anderson said...

That is so sweet! Hope you guys are enjoying your new place. I found your blog through Cynthia's :)

Swidget 1.0